Thursday, October 7, 2010

Nonverbal Quiz Results

Nonverbal communication is a wordless form of communication. This form of communication includes; body language, tone of voice, facial expression and body posture. After completing the brief self assessment my score reveals that I incorporate nonverbal communication to a greater extent than the average college female.
The areas that I feel contributed the most dealt with expression. I guess if I want to try to convey my message to the best of my ability I tend to exude energy. I definitely change tone, pitch, and tempo when talking about something. This isn’t something that I do consciously, but I do like to demonstrate personality while I’m speaking.
In addition to the way I speak I also have an issue controlling my facial expressions. I can’t help it. I have been known to wear my emotions. If someone says something that I disagree with for instance apparently it’s visible. I’m pretty sure that my face reacts well before I even get a chance to vocally react. This is both a positive as well as a negative quality of mine.
The areas of the quiz that I scored the lowest on dealt with touch. I don’t commonly touch people when I’m talking unless it’s a situation where the person speaking to me is in distress. In a time of need I will definitely give a hug or something, but besides that I don’t really feel the need to touch someone.
With my score already above average I’m feeling pretty confident that it’s only going to continue to rise as my life progresses. As we mentioned in class motherhood brings out a nurturing and affectionate side. Raising a child involves constant physical contact, from hugging to tickling. In my opinion it’s only natural for a woman’s nonverbal communication skills to become more prominent with motherhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment